Trump told reporters on Saturday that the report will include information on “who did it”.
“We’ll be having a very full report over the next two days, probably Monday or Tuesday,” he said.
Khashoggi was murdered at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2 after he went there to obtain marriage documents, but the whereabouts of his remains are still unknown.
Turkish and Saudi authorities say Khashoggi was killed inside the consulate by a team from the kingdom, but they disagree on whether the murder was premeditated.
The CIA has concluded that the Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, ordered the killing of Khashoggi, according to reports in the US media in recent days.
Other US officials familiar with the case have cautioned that while it’s likely that the crown prince was involved in the death, questions remain about what role he played, according to the AP news agency.
Saudi Arabia has repeatedly changed its narrative of the killing, first denying knowledge of the journalist’s whereabouts and later saying he was killed when an argument turned into a fistfight.
Last week, a Saudi prosecutor announced that Riyadh was seeking the death penalty for five people involved in the murder.
Shaalan al-Shaalan, the kingdom’s deputy public prosecutor, told a news conference in Riyadh that a 15-member squad was formed to bring Khashoggi to Saudi Arabia from Istanbul “by means of persuasion”, but that five men ordered the drugging and dismemberment of Khashoggi after “talks with him failed” inside the consulate.
He added that Mohammed bin Salman, also known as MBS, was not implicated in the gruesome murder.