The U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh is calling for applications for the 2023-2024 Community College Initiative (CCI) Program. The CCI Program provides Bangladeshi undergraduate students who are first through third-year of university students with an opportunity to study at a U.S. community college, live with international students, and engage in community service projects with participants from 18 different countries. After completing the program, the students will return to Bangladesh equipped with new knowledge, enhanced technical skills, and access to a global network they developed in the United States to create positive change in their local communities.
Over the last 10 years, 70 Bangladeshi students have participated in this youth exchange program. Notable Bangladeshi CCI alumni include Muhammad Ferdaus who participated in the Community College Initiative program in public safety (disaster management) at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston, Massachusetts. During his exchange program, he completed 603 hours of volunteer work, the highest recorded volunteer service in the CCI program. After his return, he founded NGO Community Development for Peace.
- Academics: Students will complete one year of academic coursework at a U.S. community college in their selected field of study and may earn professional certificates.
- Service Learning: Students will participate in local community service activities.
- Internships: Students will gain hands-on professional experience by working at renowned organizations, businesses, and companies based in the United States.
- Cultural Exchange: Students will learn about American culture and share their culture as youth ambassadors through activities such as exhibitions and performances.
- Leadership: Students will enhance their leadership capabilities through CCI leadership programming activities focused on reflection and goal setting.
- Action Planning: During their time in the United States, students will develop an action project, portfolio, or community outreach plan to create positive change in their home communities upon returning to Bangladesh
Application Information and Deadline:
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 2, 2023, at 4:30 p.m. (Bangladesh Standard Time)
For additional information, please visithttps://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/community-college-initiative-program.